cyberspace__the.victorian

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Life into VJC already...

2 months have gone by just like this... to think tmr will be the last day I'll officially be able to wear my VS uniform to school. :(

Fortunately, apart from the confusing and mundane school acadamic work that I'm still struggling with, I'm more or less settled down into VJC already.

So much has happened. First was the release of the A Level Results. VJC did pretty well this year. We even produced some of Singapore's top scholars. It's so cool, even the media was here to do some filming. As councillors-elects, we were given the opportunity to help out the release of results; and it was indeed an eye opener though it was rather similar to the recent release of O Levels. Thank our seniors for our half day off =)

What's so scary is that most of the men who returned for their results had their heads already shaven. Some even brought caps for disguise; what a sight!

Anyway, planning of Orientation two has been really tiring. We adhoc spent almost everyday staying back for discussions. Had to clear within a week. It was so intense we go home really late everyday; one of the days we were locked up in school after being cheated by the guards. We then resorted to using our brains to get out of school.

Luckily 2 of my adhoc members, George and Zara stay Sengkang like me. Shu Hua too take 55 home, hence I've really got my night companions to go home with during the late planning process. I've also changed my route to taking bus 82, in which some services are non air-con bus. How often do you get to put your hand out of the window?

Yup, after all that has been anticipated and done, in my opinion, Orientation Two has been a real success. It's indeed a sense of achievement to have gone through the planning process itself. Especially my School Culture/Logistics committee which succeeded in the CCA Walkabout, School Cheers/Mass Dance sessions as well as the Suntec Mass Dance. Kudos to fellow School Culture members Peng Kai and David!

Not forgetting the rest of my fellow committee, Marc, Melanie, Nikhil, Mansoor, Dennis, Britney, Sze Huan & Ms Chia for the wonderful learning experience we have had together. =)

March holidays, Monday-Wednesday council elect's camp. Wednesday-Thursday Piano Ensemble camp.

& I've decided to quit softball. Trainings are too tiring...


Indeed, time heals. I admit I used to feel uncomfortable in class, especially with no very close VS friends. Now I feel much better hanging around with my classmates; they are really really fun people! Anyway, there has been a major shift in class. Many ppl have left either to other schools/class. It's pretty sad to see so many people leave, Benjamin, Priscilla, Felicia, Z.Yuanhong, Sze Huan, Emily... etc etc...

And to my new classmates, welcome to S61!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home