cyberspace__the.victorian

Saturday, July 02, 2005

The War

I am in the midst of the war, I'm halfway through it... However...

Today I went to watch "War of the worlds" at Bugis Junction, with Law, Addison and Zhenyi. And followed by LAN gaming. Indeed, a breakaway from exam stress. The movie's rather stupid, felt cheated of $9.50. No standard at all, nothing compared to 'Mr and Mrs Smith'. Moreover, despite having similar plot as 'The day after tomorrow', I find this story line really boring. So, take my advise advice, don't watch it for any chance.

BTW, this week's a wonderful period of time to visit Parco Bugis Junction. There is this 'Makan' food fair 2005, from 1st to 3rd July. The crowd there is humongous, and it's really hard to manoeuver through the streets. Nevertheless, it's still nice to experience the ambience.


What's so special about this fair? Well, there are different traditional and cultural food on sale, ranging from the Chinese Wrap Duck to Indian Mutton Soup.




Even satay. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to taste the delights there, due to the long queues. Moreover, the items on sale is also not cheap, as they come in very small portion. I really cannot comprehend the food craze in Singaporeans.



Talking about ambience, there are these sam sui women around to relieve the old traditional Singaporean days. Just to share what I have seen, these sam sui women were fanning little kids who were playing carom. Haha, I wanted to join them, but decided not to lest I trash them flat...

Indeed, its a nice experience. Perhaps you may want to experience it for yourself too?


Ok, now back to the 'war' topic - my exams that is. As mentioned above, half of it went past. Now Im left with E maths(P2), A maths(P2), Biology and Chemistry.

Last Monday I had my SS and English Paper 1. English turned out unexpected, I was given the topic to write about the the negative impact of the Internet. Haha, my niche area indeed. SS was mad, shall not talk about it.

Tuesday was English paper 2, which was... nothing to talk about.

Wednesday was E Maths Paper 1, turn out pretty well. Just can't seem to do 1 or 2 questions, one of them is the angle one... Can't believe i can't do it. Just hope I don't commit careless mistakes.

Thursday was Physics. This was a killer. Everybody had to admit. I studied all the Laws(Ohms, Faraday, Lenz, Boyles) except Newton's law, and IT CAME OUT! Nevertheless, I wrote something which i remembered. And I found out I wrote Newton's 1st law instead of Newton's 2nd law which they asked. Shall not talk about it anymore.

Friday was mad rush. A. Maths and Geog E. Couldn't sleep the night before... Oh well... Wish me luck for my last 4 papers. k?


Anyway, finally, the EXCO for Sec 3 for Monitors' Council was released last Monday. Congrets to the following who made it thus far:

Chairman - Jarren Loe
Vice-Chairman - George Teo
Secretary - to be confirmed...
Internal Organising Head - Edwin Chua
Events Liason Head - John Cheo
Welfare Head - Lee Cheng Yang

Good luck to you guys... I shall not say much, after all I have been telling you all a lot. Will be telling you more after my exams, to finalise things. Remember, the battle's only begun, the challenges face ahead you. Prepare yourselves to propel forward to even greater heights. Will be looking forward to handover though...

Jarren, congrets on your new appointment, you have lots of things on hand. I heard you chose to focus on MC instead of your core, and I do appreciate that. But I honestly think that wasn't necessary. I managed to get through with mine right? But nevertheless, you have a lot more to learn, firstly to start off is to learn to be less passive.

As for George, you should learn to curb your temper... a bit. Anyway, I hope you did not regret making your decision, especially when that came with many sacrifices. It was within your reach, you chose to let them go for a prioritised focus. Well, in my opinion, you did the right thing. Just work hard on that focus, in that direction, and don't let yourself down at the end of the day. Don't end up making wasted sacrifices.

For John, you do have to learn to be serious. Don't give people the impression that you are erm... haha... I dont know how to put it. Perhaps your friends can tell you more?

Anyway, Im now working on the forum for VS Student Leaders, starting off with MC and PB, so as to foster better working relationship between the two boards. If all goes well, PSB, LTC and CIC will also get their accounts before I leave VS. Hope to leave something useful, and some place where the student leader graduates can still be engaged in VS student leadership matters. Hope it can be something you guys out there can look forward to.

And Weng Keong, if you are reading this... Juz wanted to inform you that I cannot seem to tag at your blog. Wonder why... Juz wanted to let you know I visit Admiralty very frequently, perhaps out of the blue, I may meet you one day... haha !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home