cyberspace__the.victorian

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Biology

Woah, today was one hell of a day. Biology papers started at 2pm, so had the whole morning to complete my biology syllabus. Well, for once i managed to read thr the whole freaking textbook of 380+ pages, and I managed to do that within a day and a night.

Well, just as I walked into the hall, reassuring myself that it shall be the final time I will have to undergo such torment (staying up whole night just to read boring bio stuff). Hence, today's wait for peaceful. My mind was clear...

The question paper for paper 1 came. And I was pretty surprised at its simplicity. The questions freaking simple like wth. Yet, I could still make one mistake for that stupid mosquito question. If everyone gets full marks, and I can lose miserable one mark, that puts me at a total disadvantage.

And then Paper 2 was a total contrast to Paper 1. The first question was about microorganisms and biotechnology. The question totally stunned me.

What I studied about cheese making was firstly, Streptococcus Thermophillus was added to create an anaerobic environment, such that the Lactobacillus Bulgaricus can respire anaerobically to convert milk sugar to lactic acid, which curdles the milk.

Yet the question was some enzyme added to curdle the milk. So I got totally confused and skipped the entire question.

Remaining questions were still ok, and till now I can't imagine myself not knowing how to spell "zygote". I hope Cambridge would accept "zygot". Questions about cloning also came out, then one was about the heart too. Pretty sure those who didn't study their text can totally flunk the paper.

I shall finish this post some time later, I better get started on Maths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home