cyberspace__the.victorian

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Orientation Day 2

ok, i've to admit, i've begun to enjoy VJC more and more as the days past by...

Day 2

Yup, that was yesterday...

Having selected my subject combination, I got posted to 06S61. Woah, talk about efficiency ! Only sad that so far no good friends are in my class. I just hope that got one nice VS friend and ya, good looking girls in my class =)

Day 2 begun much more better. With the teaching of the college anthem, I kinda feel so proud being an ex-VS victorian. The VS peeps kinda rox-ed the place. I felt kinda sad singing the anthem though, I couldn't help but miss VS. so much...
when i kinda remembered the days I sung the anthem during Mondays at the 5th storey parade square...

OG Games were as usual... lame and boring. You know, making you act like some chicken little? lol. Yup, except for some. There was this thing about longest breath and largest ego competition. Kinda entertaining though. But I was actually kinda praying hard I wouldn't be sabortaged up the stage. Not only will I get stage fright, I'm gonna turn jelly with so much attention (from esp. the girls) on me.

Then was CCA walkabout. I actually signed up for many stuff.
  • IComp
  • Softball
  • Outdoor Activities Club
  • Piano Ensemble
  • Students' Council

lol. God knows how I'm gonna cope. Think I might have to drop a few. Speaking about council, I'm feeling kinda skeptical about it. It's not that easy; campaigns, making speeches and stuff. Though I've had a little bit of experience in VS (I was already shivering during the speech for MC Invest.), imagine now making a speech in front of a 2k population + girls !! I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna go for it, despite positive comments from VS peeps and OGLs. Oh well, take one step at a time.

Yup, and VJC's really super funky. There were actually fake CCAs put up, like what Personal Grooming club, Rock Band, Biking, Skating. Woah, they sounded real convincing!

"50% all shampoos and cosmatic products!"

"Come join, we teach you how to talk to girls!"

"Come join us, we will teach you how to skate like a pro!"

Haha, so many people got tricked and signed up for it. Fortunately, I wasn't one of these people. So when many of them found out later, they went back and tried to cancel their name off the list, which backfired; as seniors blacklisted these people for the forfeit later. So many people who signed up for any of these were like feeling so lost after finding out. Imagine their faces when I told them that last year's forfeit was to change the shorts with someone on stage. Haha !!

After that we had mass VJ cheering session. Most of these were kinda similar to VS's. Just that the "VS" has been changed to "VJ". I kept forgetting to change the lyrics and instead kept on repeating "We for, we for VS!!" , "Hey guys move it on, VS gonna take you on". Sigh, I really miss VS. I wonder when will I get used to VJC.

And ya, there was new cheer "Yo, VJC!". We J1s cheered well and loud (probably cause we had like 1k ppl in an enclosed hall?!) I realise I couldn't bring out that enthusiasm in me. I didn't cheer as loud. My soul's still in VS. I'm not used to cheering with the girls. Let alone lead cheers, despite the urge to actually stand out to lead them.

I believe this was the climax for the day. VJC Mass dance. Woah, it's really really really cool man ! The feeling of dancing with everybody was great, just that some moves were really complicated, and it's pretty hard to keep up with the fast beat. We started off with the supposedly simplest dance, "Whiney Whiney!" I'm seriously looking forward to it again!!

Following which was a much faster dance, with more complicated moves. It was the Neutron Dance. Wow, this one i really had a problem. Need more practice liao. Yup, that's pretty much the end of day 2. lol...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home